Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sweet Cakes

One box of Devil's Food and one box of dark chocolate cake, 4 eggs and 2/3 cup of oil...
 Rolled into 2 inch balls and thrown in the oven for 10 minutes at 325...
 With a simple cream cheese and powdered sugar icing...
Gets you about 25 unbelievable, highly addictive little cakesters.
Tuck them in a little mailbox (from Target or Michael's) and you've got yourself the perfect Valentine.

See the recipe here...and make sure to drop the icing in a ziploc bag, snip off a corner and pipe the icing. Easy peasy.

October, 2011: Since January, I have probably made these cookies 10 more times. Every time seems to be a little different and the batter can sometimes be brutal (cement-like, completely stuck to your hands, want throw the whole bowl away, etc). I figured out that a) mixing with a fork is best, and b) I always bake them on parchment paper. For the most part I think these are super easy to make in just an hour or two and worth a little tantrum with the batter.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I can vouch to their deliciousness.

mamma mags said...

i need to make those immediately!

great photos too :)

Meghan Scarsella said...

I love that these are made with cake mix- I'll definitely be trying these out!

Unknown said...

These sound delicious! I will definitely make them.