Monday, December 28, 2009

Etsy Artisans at Ogilvie

Today my sister and I made a trip downtown to lunch with some relatives who are sadly not on holiday this week. Of course after lunch we shopped around a bit and on the way home stopped in the new French Market at Ogilvie (what a nice addition to the station - before it was pretty boring downstairs). I was excited to see a booth dedicated to local Etsy Artisans, showcasing some great handmade items for sale. I recommend stopping by to check them out and the handmade soap booth (Abbey Brown) next to it. So delicious!




I wish I took pictures!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is in our Oglivie? Really?!

The Social Secretary said...

Yes! It's pretty great, take the train one day and scope it out.

X-Factor said...

I love the French market and took home some of the Creme Brulee Truffles (among others!) from Canady le Chocolatier for my family Christmas - see their shout out in Time Out as one of the best desserts of 2009 - http://bit.ly/4B3uWa. I didn't actually get one but I hear they were incredible.

I love that all of the chefs/artisans/etc. are actually present, it makes the goods more worthwhile and I'm much more willing to pay that extra dough when I get a story/smile/ribbon+box+bag with my goodies!