Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blogger Award!

Ann Pierce, the lovely and talented blogger at Pierce Whole Nutrition, has passed on the Beautiful Blogger Award to The Social Secretary! That was so nice of Ann and she said some really nice things about TSS over at her blog. She's also passed on the award to 5 other blogs, so you should get on over there and check them out. So here's the deal with the award:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and insert a link to their blog.
2. Pass on the Award to others and let them know.
3. Say 10 things about yourself

Easy enough?  Here goes:

Ann and I have a mutual friend, Therese. They went to college together and although I've met Ann maybe a handful of times, we've really started chatting it up lately when I saw that she started PWN. I had been wanting to start a blog for awhile and she was such a great inspiration! She also pushed me to get on the Twitter train and that has been so helpful. Ann and I will be in Therese's wedding in June and I can't wait to hang out with her and discuss the blog world. Therese is likely to kill us both. PWN is chalk full of awesome nutrition tips and recipes. She is a student at the Nutrition Therapy Institute in Denver so you know what she's doling out is legit. Thanks to Ann and ya'll should get over to PWN soon!

Read more to see the 10 things about myself!



1. In 2006 one of my best friends, Michelle, moved out to California. I was so sad when she left and also thought I would never be able to move like that. Especially not to California. Cut to a year later, Michelle is doing all of these amazing things and loving it and I’m working at a job I really don’t care about. Wishing and hoping to go to fashion school or at least lead a more creative life, I applied to a design school in LA and was accepted. Fast forward a few months later..... I moved in with Michelle in Venice Beach and boy did we have a good time. I ended up not going to the school intended ($$$), but instead took design classes at a local college. I worked at Ebba Los Angeles, Signorelli, Tina J and Swerve (oh and this company called Thrive but one day they called and said they didn't need me to come in the next day as they were moving all operation to China. LA is so weird). All of these places were owned by women living their creative life. They all had an amazing influence on me and I’ll be forever grateful for that. I came back in July of 2008 and have always been glad to be back in Chicago. For the record, I discovered that fashion wasn't really my thing. I love it still, but only in an appreciative way, not so much the construction part. LA was fun, it gave me what I needed, but I’m a family person and a friend person, so here is where I will stay.


2. I’ve had a blog before. Did I mention that before I moved to CA I had a MAJOR OBSESSION with celebrity gossip? Probably not. Welllll, I had an office job I didn’t love so that meant Perez Hilton, Pop Sugar, DListed, TMZ, The Superficial, Gawker, etc. were all my best friends. When I got to CA I started seeing celebs like crazy and decided instead of calling every single person I knew about a sighting, I would just blog about it. I’m SO glad I did it because I never would have remembered any of it. It’s pretty ridiculous to look back on it, but I can’t tell you how fun it was. http://www.trackingtinseltown.blogspot.com/ (please don’t judge me).

3. I love love love making personalized cards. I’ve been making them on and off since 2006 and just recently got a little more serious about it. I hope to open an Etsy shop soon…..we’ll see if it happens!

4. My claim to fame is that when I was little I was in an Unsolved Mysteries episode and a Depeche Mode video. Yep. My mom had me in some casting company and those were my two big gigs.

5. I’ve been dating Dan O for about….5 years now? He’s great and we’re kind of like the couple from Green Acres. Sometimes the theme song goes through my head when he suggests things like going on a hike for Valentine’s Day and I want to go outlet mall shopping (this was a real discussion - we settled on skiing with friends. We had a blast). We go on fun trips and even if it’s just to Delavan, WI (which is an hour away) it could take us up to 6 hours to get home because we (mostly he) doesn’t want the adventure to end. And that has happened. Once we ended up a the Bass Pro Shop and at one point I was wearing a camouflage suit sitting on a camouflage couch. Ridiculous.

6. I would love to own my own store one day. I daydream about it a lot. If you’re close to me you’ve heard this song and dance before.

7. I love French fries.

8. I have really great friends.

9. I have a sister who is 10 years younger than me. We’re opposites – she’s athletic and not a huge spaz, smart and has amazing time management skills.

10. I have a cold!

Since this is information overload, I'll wait until tomorrow to pass on the award! Thanks again, Ann!

4 comments:

Annie said...

How come i was unaware of your previous almost-child-star experiences?

The Social Secretary said...

Well us child stars are reeeeally private.

Are you sure? I usually forget about it.

Ann Pierce said...

Thanks Katie! Therese is going to be so annoyed when we have blogtalk at her wedding events. But really, she'll just be jealous of our virtual friendship.

PS: I loved reading about your Cali excursion - no idea you started a blog!! I wish I could have followed it, ha!

Michelle said...

I frequent Tracking Tinseltown and still recommend it to all my new friends who are curious about our (not so) rich and famous life!! Oh my Gosh...Thrive. I forgot allll about that!! You neglected to mention that one day you were an assistant to that crazy stylist who let her pets relieve themselves right on the floor! Ohh LA.