Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh Baby!




These are the baby shower invites I made for my mommy-to-be friend, Nicki. I started off the project with some mini bunting flags - an idea I got from How About Orange. But, Jackie, a co-hostess of the shower couldn't get her mind off mini umbrellas and so we searched for how to make it work. Luckily Martha was right on top of that and has a mini umbrella punch at Michael's. I mean really, why wouldn't she. We did a sage background and brown envelopes because we don't yet know what this little baby will be and they're they colors of Nicki's nursery.

Mo at Just Say Maux gave me a good idea to use white pen to address the brown envelopes and it was perfect. We also did the whole instead of a card, bring a book for baby. Such a cute idea!

Read  more about how Jackie and I put them together...




- So....all of the paper is from Archiver's (Paper Source would work, too. Their pre-cut cards and envelopes all come from the same manufacturer - fun tip!). I bought packs of the A7 (5x7) flat notes in soft white, A7 scalloped notecards in sage and chocolate brown envelopes.

- I cut down all of my 5x7 white cards to 4.5 x 6.5. That way they would fit nicely on top of the scalloped cards.

- Next I printed out my message on the white cards.

- After that, Jackie and I cut out 30 little umbrellas on chocolate brown cardstock and sandwiched them (with some double sided adhesive in one of those handy rollers) in between some string that I can only describe as the kind we used to make friendship bracelets with (punch and string from Michael's).

- Then we fastened the string to the backs of the white cards with some tape. Lastly, I used the adhesive roller again on the backs of the white cards and attached them to the scalloped cards. Dunzo!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Might I say that these were the cutest of any shower invites I have seen. I almost cried when I got it. Thank you so much for all the love and thought you all put into this!

Luv the mommy-to-be