Monday, June 14, 2010

A BBQ & Bar Hopping Bachelorette Party


Posting about Therese's Bachelorette Party this week is only fitting since the wedding is on Saturday!
Here are some details of the party I miss so much:

1} Everything was electronic from the Save the Date to the invite. I used Pingg because I had just heard about it and really loved how easy it was. You can even pay extra so no annoying ads show up on the event page or email updates. I made the artwork and used that for the invite. Much easier than Evite.
2} Since the theme was "Barbeque and Bar Hopping" we (and by "we" I mean grillmaster Jackie) grilled hot dogs, burgers and had a million different salads. Way easy and there was something for everyone (vegetarians, too!).
3} Wildflowers in mason jars (maybe my favorite) and a banner of photocopied old/embarrassing pics of Therese. So easy!
4} Pink and green paper lanterns (from the dollar store. Note to self: check dollar store first before trying 45 party stores. Always.).
5} I made trivia cards about Therese and Matt and had them spread out on all the tables. Front side was the question, back side had the answer. Laminated and everything. Crazy people like myself love laminators.
6} A few days before the party a few bridesmaids and I taped Matt answering some sweet questions about Therese. She was totally surprised and we made it into a little game right before opening presents.
7} For favors we put together mini champagne bottles with gigantic light up diamond rings tied around the neck. Everyone grabbed a bottle and we went outside for a big toast to the bride and her big day. Then we all turned on the bling and headed to our rented trolley for a fun night of bar hopping and dancing our brains out. Hence the "Pop and Rock It." 
Sidenote: Trolley ride included glow in the dark accessories. 

I was so thankful to everyone for helping and coming to celebrate with Therese! This week is dedicated to the details of the biggest party of her life so The Social Secretary posting might be a little sporadic. I'm deep in the land of slideshows, place cards, candy buffets and table numbers so maybe next week will be back to normal....but until then, I really can't wait until this wedding!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please plan my bachelorette party Katie! Now I just need a groom....hmmm...

:) Have so much fun on Saturday!!


Congrats to Therese!

Ann Pierce said...

I'm so glad you posted photos from the party! They don't even come close to doing it justice, but it's a good taste of all the work and creativity you guys all put into it. See you in a few days!