Thursday, March 3, 2011

About Face

Dan O's birthday was yesterday and I wanted to do
something new and exciting for him.............like stick his face on a cake.
So, I blew up this silhouette I did of him in Photoshop, printed it on cardstock and cut it out with an  x-acto knife on a cutting board. Then I placed the dark cutouts on the cake, sifted powdered sugar over the top and caaaarefully peeled off the cutouts.
These mini banners are just strips of colored cardstock taped to some skewer sticks.
Happy Birthday to Mr. Dan O, my first face on a cake victim!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply Adorable....love it !!!

Katie Rose Cronin said...

this is sheer genius - dan o is one lucky guy! brava!

X-Factor said...

This is straight up awesome.

Annie said...

Love it. (my bday is 6/19)

Lilacandgrey said...

pretty cool!

Maureen said...

very sweet!