Tuesday, April 26, 2011

National Geographic Spring Break

Since I've been MIA for so long, I thought I'd share a few pics of what I was up to last week. Dan and I went down to Fort Lauderdale for four days, one of which was devoted to the Everglades. We took a nice, safe, two hour tram tour in the National Park followed by a last minute airboat ride with a fellow named "Rat" as our guide. Mmhmm. Can you see that JoJo character in the last pic? He was probably 13 feet long and 200 years old. The Everglades reminded me a LOT of Jurassic Park...so I'm still not sure if it was a good idea for me to be wandering around the middle of it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So jealous- looks awesome

Please invite me next time, thank you :)

Julip Made said...

These are awesome. Love the one with the eyes just peering out of the water. Also lovee blue herons.

Maureen said...

you need to read Swamplandia by Karen Russell!