Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Merry & Bright

What is Christmas without the lights? I could tell you since our house has yet to be decorated outside. Luckily, people in Lincolnwood carry out the tradition of going berserk on their front lawns. If it were up to me, our house would look like this:



Probably expensive.

Here is what you might see while driving through Lincolnwood this time of year. Not as many houses as I remember really decorate, but some are still amazing.




A house with tons of crap everywhere.




A reindeer at least 20 feet high



A 3 story Christmas tree. These are always my favorite.



Speaking of Merry & Bright, here is a card I made using GLITTER. First, I printed out my message on a 4.5 x 5 inch folded card. Then I took a ball point glue pen and filled in the ampersand. Dumped on some glitter, and there you have it. I packaged them in groups of 5. See, I'm not a fan of crazy glitter everywhere, but used sparingly it turns out pretty nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that called an ampersand? learn something new everyday!
she

Annie said...

Have you seen the house on Logan Blvd, just East of the California exit on the Kennedy. Love it!
Always make Alex drive by it for me.

The Social Secretary said...

Annie thank you for the comment! I still haven't seen the house. I also really want to go see the zoo lights before it's too late.