Tuesday, December 15, 2009

SS Tip #10 - Think Outside of the Box

Literally.

I'm seeing a lot of alternative gift wrapping ideas this year. I'm a sucker, so I've caught on. I do appreciate the idea, though. Boxes are big time waste so why not package your gift in something that could be reused or is even part of the gift?



This is my Secret Santa gift that I will be giving away today. The tin is so cute I bought 3. There are little snowflake cutouts around the top so I was thinking if you popped a candle in there it could be neat with the light flickering out. $3.99 (reg. $9.99), Michaels.




Fabric gift wrap is a good idea, too. Found here.



In my Secret Santa picture above, you might be able to see a gift tag hanging off the side. This is my favorite seasonal purchase so far (not including the tins). A can of 60 chip board gift tags in all different sizes. The back is plain cardboard, so I have been printing out my own messages, cutting them to fit and gluing them on. $4.99, Target.

No comments: