Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Showered with Love

The great big baby shower came and went this weekend. These are a few details from the afternoon....

I was on the decoration committee:
...The little pots were an idea from these mini topiaries that I saw on Haute Apple Pie.
...Directions for paper poms by Martha. Had the hardest time finding the right tissue paper but Target really pulled through. Hung them with skinny satin ribbon from Michael's that coordinated with the pom color.
...The banner was a last minute decision that I made using cardstock and satin ribbon. Just print and cut out "baby," cut large triangles freehand (used a ruler, don't be ridiculous), used adhesive to get the letters on each triangle, hole punched them and weaved the ribbon through (probably took about 15 minutes).
...Wishes for Baby came from The Lil Bee that I've seen adapted a few other places. We found an 8x10 album that fit 8x8 sheets and I made our own cards to fit right in.
...Instead of a card, every guest brought a book inscribed for the baby and we fit them neatly in a little basket found at Target. A sweet idea from Just Say Maux.
...Hosts Amy & Jackie had baby bottle favors filled with m&m's for everyone to take home afterwards. A big hit with me! I might even have to do another post on their menu, it was amazing (ham and egg strata, Paula Deen's french toast casserole, amazing cheesy hash brown casserole, and tons of chocolate - mommy-to-be's fave).

I'm sad the shower is over, but that only means we're just a little bit closer to meeting Nicki's bundle of joy and I absolutely can't wait!

6 comments:

Ann Pierce said...

Katie, this is so adorable! Your group of friends is the best - when I have a baby, I might just fly to Chicago and have you guys host my shower!

Ann

Maureen said...

this looks amazing! and i think i drooled a little when i read the menu.

Nicki said...

I just teared up a little. Stupid hormones! Thanks so much you guys are so cute, and I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Unknown said...

Katie-too cute! I'm thinking about having a baby just for the party :) that's cool right? lol
Miss you heaps lately....I'll call you soonish x x

Katie @ Haute Apple Pie said...

Oh this turned out great! I love what you did with the topiary inspiration :)

Anonymous said...

This was the most enjoyable shower I have ever been to. It was tasteful and lovely. Kudos to the hosts! (And of course the decoration committee!) ~TZ