Friday, June 4, 2010

WOW

Thank you, Chicago Home & Garden for filling me in on this little gem:

 Now read this and tell me you don't want to make a reservation...

"Hello, Chicago! On Thursday, June 17th, we're throwing the kind of party that will help you throw better parties! I'm talking time-saving tricks and insider tips for easy entertaining with style. Creating the WOW Party, we're calling it, (without work). These days, I think we're all staying in a little more than we used to, preferring casual gatherings at home that are a lot easier on the wallet than fancy evenings out. But when it comes to cocktail parties at home, hors d'oeuvres needn't be limited to store-bought hummus and pita, chips and and a chunky salsa. Now don't get me wrong: As an ex-caterer, I'm all for cutting corners if it saves time and money, but the critical part of the equation—the WOW factor everyone's always after—is presentation, presentation, presentation. It's the golden ticket, the insider secret all the pros know but never tell you. Until now."

Who doesn't want the golden party ticket?! I just signed myself up and I'm bringing my mom.

A little about Eddie: He graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and has worked on Martha Stewart Living, Food Network, owned his own catering company, worked on House Beautiful, was on Season 2 of Top Design and now has his own design company, Eddie Ross, Inc. I know. Amazing.  We've discussed his work before. Now do you want to call and reserve a spot?

June 17th at Scentimental Gardens in Wayne, IL. 7pm. $65 per person ($40 for bloggers!).
Call for reservations, 630.232.1303.
For more information, visit Eddie's event page and Scentimental Gardens.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! I'm jealous. This will be so much fun! Take lots of pics for us.

Megan said...

Where is Wayne? I love Eddie Ross, this might be worth a trip!

debra @ 5th and state said...

katie

so glad you can attend this event, eddie is truly amazing and eye-opening to unending creativity.
thanks too for posting about this.

just an fyi; if driving in and you want to stay, the club has rooms for 50.00 +tax per night. let us know and we can arrange it for you
looking forward to meeting you
debra
scentimental gardens

The Social Secretary said...

Megan I think it's about an hour from Chicago. You should go!!

Debra I look forward to meeting you as well. Thanks for the tip on the rooms!

And Rachel I'm for sure taking tons of pics :)